Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012 Haul

Christmas gifts actually started Christmas eve morning when my doorbell rang and I opened the door to find a package from LUSH. It was pretty great timing.

It was the forum fragarance perfume that we ordered and I mentioned in my LUSH post. We both really liked the smell of the bubble bar so we got the perfume. Well... it definitely is meant to be only a bubble bar, but regardless it's a pretty cool thing to own.


My puppy, Lucy, helped me open it :)


LUSH uses all natural things even in their packaging. Their stuffing was made out of potato starch and it smelt like food, so before I could blink, both my dog and my boyfriend were eating it....


We exchanged gifts with my boyfriend's family on Christmas eve and here were some of the gifts from my boyfriend, his sister, and his mom.

I am really loving the Burts bees set! and this bracelet which is actually from Topshop, it's just sitting on top of an Aldo tag.

Can you tell the people in my life think I like the bath and body works body creams LOL?
( I really do like them)


I actually had picked out a lot of the jewellery and girly products that my boyfriend got, but he completely thought of the sweatpants idea on his own. I'm always borrowing his to change into at his house so he got me these comfy awesome ones :) they're so soft!


and he picked out a ring at one of our favourite jewellery booths but it was way too big so we exchanged it for this necklace.



and from my uncles I got some MAC giftcards, which I used to purchase these goodies
the 219 brush is actually white, but I already used it lol

and then these two MSFs I hunted.

If you are a big MAC fan then you have most likely heard of the Stereo Rose MSF. It's a limited edition one and comes out every few years. It's intensely loved and goes for a huge price tag on eBay. I think at one point I considered paying a couple hundred for it until I found out it would be released on December 26- boxing day. Afraid that it would sell out in minutes, I woke up at 7 am the day after Christmas to be there as soon as the mall opened.

I also picked up the other MSF in the collection- Porcelain Pink.

I definitely need to work on my swatching skills, but Stereo Rose is on top and Porcelain Pink is below.

Now I await the day By Candlelight MSF is re-promoted :)


my other two gifts were these Steve Madden boots my dear mommy got me:





and then my big gift was from my boyfriend
....
*drumroll*
YSL mini Cabas ChYc !!!! <3

If you've read my blog then you've most definitely heard me talk about this bag.
I've obsessed and I absolutely adore it.
It's my favourite bag and honestly I don't think I'll ever like another bag more.
I love my Louis Vuittons and Rebecca Minkoffs and I do lust over a Chanel flap and Celine tote but I think this will forever remain my favourite bag. 
I didn't think he'd get me this but he did. And there's actually quite the funny story behind it. On Christmas morning he handed me two bags and told me to open them at the same time. I was quite confused but I did so, and out came two YSL dustbags. I was really confused at this point but I opened them both. In one was the black mini Cabas ChYc that I had wanted and in the other was a bright fuschia pink mini tote. It had a different dustbag and no "Y" pattern, a different interior and actually quite a few other differences. 
My boyfriend told me that YSL had sent him the pink one by mistake and then the black after and that I could choose whichever one I preferred. 
I chose the black because it's practical and I really like the Y pattern in the leather. :)
I'll have a post coming up soon which will actually be a more in-depth review and comparison on the two bags and how they have changed with the rebrand of YSL to Saint Laurent Paris
so stay tuned :)
xoxo V





No comments:

Post a Comment