Thursday, September 6, 2012

Decisions

Today at 6pm I get to pick up my Choo boots on hold at Holt Renfrew. As I mentioned earlier, I'll also be getting a $190 Holt Renfrew gift card because of their secret sale. So while I await my boots I've been diligently planning what to purchase with the gift card!

Now normally, being the shopaholic I am, I would choose an item for way more than the gift card, and feel super proud for getting $190 off. BUT I am going to try be responsible seeing as how I just started college this week and have so many expenses, it's just not logical to buy any big items. (shhh... not a word about the Jimmy Choos LOL)

SO I've narrowed down my search to these 5 items fitting close within that $190 budget.

1. A Louis Vuitton key pouch.
I've been wanting this item to attach to my car keys and carry my drivers license in. It's just convenient and compact and pretty.

I believe in Canada this is $170, with taxes= $192.10
It'd be costing me an additional $2.10... how amazing is that!


2. A red Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.
I have the black one, but I've always been obsessed with red. As much as I ADORE this bag in red, having two of the same purse may be overkill. Honestly, I think I'd prefer to wait and possibly get the Rebecca Minkoff swing in red, or maybe the Balenciaga in red.


This purse is $225, with taxes= $254.25
It'd be costing me an additional $64.25



3. Hunter boots.
I never considered these boots, or any rain boots till I decided to purchase the Choos. I'll pretty much wear the Choos throughout Fall and Spring, maybe some Winter days. But there is no way I'm wearing them with snow, slush or rain outside. And that's pretty common here in Canada. So I've been considering some rain boots to wear during the crummy weather that won't get destroyed. Hunter came to my mind immediately. I tried them on and they're fairly comfortable and suit me OK. I wouldn't be SUPER excited about purchasing these but they're practical.


These are $160, with taxes= $180.8
I'd have another $10 to spend on something at Holts LOL.


4. Rag and Bone jeans.
I'm leaning towards this option. Jeans are always a practical, sensible choice. Plus it's a choice I'd be excited about.
Rag and Bone jeans just seem to fit me like a glove. They're so flattering that I always feel great wearing them.
I've been doing my research and I'm going to try on 3 different ones-
Wonderland, Preston, and Chester

In that order here.



These all retail for $198 US, I'll have to see how much they cost in Canada.

5. House of Harlow necklace.
I love this necklace and even though it has been on my wish list for awhile, it is probably the worst option on this list for a couple of reasons.
First off, Holts only carries it in black. It's beautiful in black, but also so common. I think it's equally pretty in khaki, but so much more unique. If I get this necklace I'd really like to get the khaki one.
Second, the price is ridiculous. In the US this necklace retails for $75 at Nordstrom.
At Holt Renfrew it cost $165!!!!!! Even though I'd be getting this for free, I just can't justify spending more than twice the price...


Anyways there's no rush I suppose. However I think I'm leaning towards option 1 and 4.

Until next time,
xoxo V

No comments:

Post a Comment