Thursday, December 20, 2012

Converted Lushie

I am officially LUSH obsessed. It may or may not have gotten to an unhealthy level. Only outsiders will be able to distinguish that. The obsession came to me so randomly. I used all lush skincare when I was in middle school. A couple of cleansers, moisturizers and a toner, oh and a shampoo. I loved the stuff but just started trying out other things. And then about a week and something ago I just decided to get back into it. It started with wanting to have some fun baths and then I decided to treat my hair and skin to some natural yummy-smelling goodies. I decided it was all I wanted for Christmas and so I made a huge list. But I couldn't wait till Christmas.

So this is what I got.

Party Popper bath bomb. My first bath bomb! Cannot wait to use this and have a party in my tub. Lol cheesy joke. $5.95

Snow Fairy shower gel. My favourite scent from LUSH. Smells like yummy sugar-bubble gum-cotton candy-vanilla. It lathers nice too and cleans well. Too bad it's only around at Christmas time :(
I have the biggest size for $27.95


Sweetie Pie shower jelly. Such a cool idea and it lathers really, really well. It was affordable and I really liked the smell and the fact that it has small glitter pieces in it. I like to change up my shower scents a bit so when I need a break from Snow Fairy stuff, I'll break this out. 
I have the smaller size for $5.95


Godmother soap. This soap is the year long scent for Snow Fairy. I'll be stocking up on boxing day when it goes on sale. I like washing and shaving my legs with LUSH soap.



Ocean Salt face and body scrub. I used this today for the first time on my face, neck, and back. So far I am absolutely loving it. It's really exfoliating so it leaves your skin super soft. It has fresh avocado and coconut which is what moisturizes and makes the skin so soft. It also has vodka and lime which anti-bacterializes and fights blemishes. And of course the salt chunks are the scrub part. Definitely something to try.
I have the biggest size for $35.95

Buffy body butter. I use this on my thighs and "behind". It exfoliates and gets rid of bumpy, dry skin. I don't think I'll ever be without this again.
I have the smaller size for $11.95 plus a tin for $3.95


BIG shampoo. Best. Shampoo. Ever. Don't knock this till you tried it. It took me a couple of tries to get used to putting chunks of sea salt in my hair and I was worried my hair wasn't getting cleaned. Man, was I wrong. This cleans like no other. It pretty much defines a clarifying shampoo. It cleanses all the gunk, dirt, and product out and your hair is left feeling fluffy and clean. I was worried salt would dry it out but instead I was left with shiny, silky soft, hair. My hair also stayed clean for 3 days, something that has never happened to me before. Oh and it also makes your hair smell like fresh laundry. Too amazing.
$26.95

Karma Komba solid shampoo. A little bit unconventional and non-typical shampoo but truly a gem in disguise. I wasn't too sure about a shampoo bar, but when I heard these little guys were good for 80 uses I had to try one. I definitely believe that now. Once your hair is wet, you swipe this along your hair once and your left with a beautiful lather of bubbles to wash your hair with. It's going to take me forever to use one up. I chose Karma Komba because I heard it was good for tangled hair and I'm really, really liking it. I use this as my regular shampoo because Big is probably too stripping to use every time. Karma Komba smells great too and it'll be perfect for traveling because it's so small and spill resistant.
$11.95 plus the tin for $3.95 (I like the square tins because I find they get stuck in the round ones)


Dream Cream hand and body lotion. Love this lotion. It doesn't have the best smell but it's not offensive either. I love it for the effects. The LUSH website describes it the best, and I'll post what they say because I can vouch that it is completely all true.
p.s. I use it on my neck and chest, not my entire body.
$26.95


Honey Trap lip balm. I love the smell of this, it's like vanilla and honey and it's super moisturizing.
$7.95

Cosmetic Warrior fresh face mask. The first LUSH product I actually hated. I wish I returned this right away. I was feeling spontaneous and like trying a new face mask. This smells like rotten garlic. It made me nauseous while wearing it. And I didn't notice a difference in my skin. I'll definitely only be purchasing my true and tried Cupcake and the blueberry one from now on.
$6.95


I also got the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. I heard amazing reviews and thought the idea of a body conditioner was cool. (It's used the same way as a hair conditioner, just for your body. You wash and then rinse, apply the conditioner, let it sit, and then rinse, eliminating the need to apply moisturizer out of the shower.) It made my skin soft, but nothing out of this world. For $32.95, I just didn't really see the need so I exchanged it.

And the last item I bought was actually online. LUSH had something called a "forum party". I would explain it if I knew how... Honestly all I know is that for one day, LUSH had 6 limited edition-online only fragrances. I heard about it on someone else's blog and when I saw that one of the 6 perfumes was the Comforter, I had to find out more. Basically, they chose 6 of their popular scents (from bathbombs and bubble bars and shampoo etc) and made perfumes of them. I only bought the Comforter but they also had Creamy Candy, BIG, Twilight, Rose Jam, and Snowcake. The forum party was the confusing part. I'm not sure how I found it, but it basically looked like a group MSN convo (anyone remember MSN? lol). It was a bunch of lushies talking about lush. And there was an admin asking trivia question for prizes every so often. Not many people knew about this, but it's much better than other years where orders had to be made via phone call with their number constantly busy and blocked. I'm excited for my LUSH perfume but I do wish I picked up Creamy Candy and Big as well.

I've also gotten a few samples. Two of the products I love so much, I'll be buying the full size in the very near future.



American Cream conditioner. This made my hair smell like fresh laundry and strawberries. The wonderful smell lingers all day and also made my hair really soft. Can't wait to get it!
$9.95, $19.95 and $32.95

Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. I think this is one if not their top selling cleanser. I'm so glad I got a large sample, I've been using this non stop. I've had perfect skin days every day since using this stuff. It's just simply amazing.

And then some other products still on my wish list.


Two bath melts and two bubble bars that I have selected after a lot of smelling around the store. So excited for them all!! I know I got the Comforter already and I'll be stocking up on the limited edition Candy mountain on boxing day for sure.



Seanik solid shampoo. This is probably number one. Apparently it's like the convenient solid form of the BIG shampoo that I adore so much. Cannot wait to try this! 
$11.95 plus a tin $3.95

I really need a spot treatment and this guy seems like he could be my new best friend. 
$13.95

I'm also curious about some foot or hand lotion. hmmmmmm..... :)

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a wonderful and jolly holiday so far. I'll probably not post till after Christmas so Merry Christmas everyone!! All my love to you and your families. 
xoxo V


No comments:

Post a Comment